- Friday 6pm to 9pm Server Time (Pacific Time Zone).
- Saturday 9am to Noon Server Time
Normal Difficulty Alt Run - Completely optional
- Thursdays 6pm to 9pm Server Time (Pacific Time Zone).
Our main raid roster consists of Legionnaires with the occasional trial member. Our Thursday alt and social-friendly Normal run is open to anyone in the guild as long as you meet the minimum requirements.
- Invites start going out at 5:45pm PST. Please be in the raid zone by 6pm PST and ready to pull the first boss.
- Maintain a reasonable rate of attendance (75%+).
- Keep your gear and Artifact up-to-date (we highly encourage you to run Mythic+ dungeons with the guild regularly).
- Study up on strategies before the raid. GMiH strats will be posted in Discord and you can feel free to ask any questions or discuss any concerns you have there.
- Install and use Discord.
- Install and use DBM.
- Have a good attitude. Everyone gets frustrated, but don’t take it out on your teammates.
- RSVP to raids using the in-game calendar. RSVP by midnight each Tuesday to secure your raid spot (and avoid Rissi heckling you about rsvp’ing).
<Great Moments in History> expects that Legionnaires will maintain an attendance record of 75% or higher.
If you’re going to miss a raid, please post in the “Truancy” Discord channel as soon as possible. Vacations, sick days, etc. are understandable, but please let us know as soon as you know so we can plan the roster accordingly.
While we are a mature guild that allows mature (or rather immature) humor and profanity, please help keep the guild a harassment-free space for everyone. <Great Moments in History> prohibits harassment based on performance, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). If someone asks you to stop, or you’re lashing out in anger, be willing to apologize and move on.
If you are having issues with another raid member, please contact an officer to resolve the issue.
Contact officers with your concerns after (not during) raids, so we can properly give your issue the attention it deserves.
Act maturely and responsibly in and outside of raid. You are a representative of our guild, and our guild treats everyone with respect.
<Great Moments in History> has a limited raid schedule, so it’s incredibly important that everyone comes prepared and ready to perform. We’re happy to help our guildies out as much as possible. Check the forums or Discord for more information about strategies, class discussion, and useful addons/resources.
Guidelines for Great Raiding
- Know your class.
- Use your potions, healthstones, dispels, cooldowns, etc.
- Keep up with your Artifact Points.
- Perform well with respect to your class and role. If you’re having issues getting to where you think you should be performing, please get in touch with an officer for tips, guidelines, and help with learning strategies.
- Research your class and be aware of which specs are underperforming. Spec accordingly.
- Talk to your fellow teammates. Sharing what works and what doesn’t is how we all get better.
- Know the fights.
- Follow raid directions. Everyone makes mistakes, and it’s important to learn from them and take them seriously.
- Read/watch strategies and participate in forum discussions when possible.
- If you have suggestions about minor changes we can make to strategy, feel free to bring it up in raid. If it’s a major change, it may be best to discuss it in Discord or on the forums after raid.
- Come prepared.
- Come to raid equipped with flasks, potions, food, and any other consumable that may boost your performance.
- The guild will help provide these as much as possible.
We use a non-bid EPGP system because if you made it on the team, you’re deserving of loot. It’s important to us that people feel rewarded for the time they spend in raids. EPGP is reset for each raid tier.
Loot is given out to raid members based on the following criteria:
Main Spec Upgrades
If you see an item you want, say “int”, “minor”, “os”, or “transmog”.
- “int” if you’re interested in an item as a major upgrade
- “minor” if it’s a minor upgrade and you’re okay with others winning the item over you
- “os” if it is off-spec gear
- “transmog” if you really just like the look of an item (we get it)
The priority for gear is “int”, “minor”, “os”, transmog”.
Offspec, Minor Upgrades, and Transmog
EPGP is unaffected by offspec gear, minor upgrades, and transmog. We want people to feel comfortable rolling on anything that will benefit their character, with the understanding that we’re gearing the raid team as a whole.
If there’s an item you’re not sure about and want to test, let us know. We’ll happily give you sidegrades if no one needs it as an upgrade. No loot rot!
If you’re unhappy with a loot decision, contact the Loot Master (Morstubites) after raid in-game or in Discord. From there, officers will discuss the issue and get back to you. It’s important for us to hear your concerns and make our loot system better over time.